Nam Dtok Muu | Delicious Thai Food from Isaan
- Hello everyone.
- Do you fancy Thai Food? I really do! I like Thai food because it has a unique taste. Today I would like to recommend one famous Thai-Isaan dish for you which is น้ำตกหมู /nám-dtòk-mǔu/
- น้ำตกหมู /nám-dtòk-mǔu/ is made of grilled pork with Thai herb and ingredients such as chilli, shallots, roasted rice powder, kaffir lime leaves, parsley and some seasoning. You can have น้ำตกหมู /nám-dtòk-mǔu/ with fresh vegetable and sticky rice. Oooh, mouthwatering!
- Remember: This dish can be very hot and spicy. If you cannot eat very spicy food, don’t forget to tell the seller that ไม่เผ็ด /mâi pèt/ which means “not spicy” or you need to prepare many bottles of water! 🙂
- Enjoy Thai food!
- grilled pork = หมูย่าง /mǔu-yâang/
- herb = สมุนไพร /sa-mǔn-prai/
- chili = พริก /prík/
- shallot = หอมแดง /hɔ̌ɔm-dɛɛng/
- roasted rice powder = ข้าวคั่ว /kâao-kûa/
- kaffir lime leaves = ใบมะกรูด /bai-má-grùut/
- parsley = ผักชีฝรั่ง /pàk-chii-fà-ràng/
- sticky rice = ข้าวเหนียว /kâao-nǐaw/
I hope you have learnt something new and that you have enjoyed this Thai lesson.
Thai Language Teacher